Cumberland City Council wants your feedback!
June 2021 update:
The survey is now closed, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to all who provided feedback.
May 2021 consultation:
At its meeting on 16 September 2020, Cumberland City Council resolved to prepare a Planning Proposal facilitate redevelopment of Fresh Hope Care retirement village, Dunmore Street, Pendle Hill for a new and expanded seniors housing development with a mix of affordable key worker housing, community facilities, allied health services and publicly accessible open space.
To achieve the intended outcome, the Planning Proposal seeks to increase the site’s Height of Buildings and Floor Space Ratio controls and add ‘food and drink premises’ as an additional permitted use.
- Rezone the site from R2 Low Density Residential and R3 Medium Density Residential to R4 High density Residential and RE2 Private Recreation
- Increase the site’s Height of Buildings controls from 9m and 11m to 12.5m, 23m and 32m
- Increase the site’s Floor Space Ratio controls from 0.5:1, 0:7:1 and 0.85:1 to 0.85:1, 1.2:1, 1.5:1 and 1.8:1
- Amend Schedule 1 and Additional Permitted Use mapping to permit ‘food and drink premises’ on the Ashwood House portion of the site.
On 24 November 2020, the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment endorsed the Planning Proposal for exhibition, subject to conditions, including certain amendments to the original proposal.
The proposal is supported by a site-specific Development Control Plan which contains additional planning controls to guide the future development of the site.
The revised Planning Proposal and site-specific Development Control Plan are on exhibition from Thursday, 13 May 2021 to Wednesday, 9 June 2021.
You may view the proposal and supporting documents on the Have Your Say section of Council’s website or in hard copy form at Auburn and Merrylands customer service centres and selected libraries during normal operating hours.
To Make A Submission on the Proposal:
Submissions concerning the above proposal are to be made by Wednesday 9 June 2021.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact:
Senior Strategic Planner
P: 8757 9947
Join the conversation and have your say!